Saturday, August 21, 2010

Picture Heavy

Some of our friends do not use Facebook to keep up with us so we wanted to share some photos with them. Enjoy a little peek into our new world....



Beans crashed on Miss Brooker's lap after a long day at the beach...
My awesome aide,Yudelka and I before our Open House.

A picture of the quad at SCS...pretty campus. The boys really like the whole big campus feel.The cafeteria. I get free lunch as a teacher and it is AMAZING! Not Ellio's pizza here!




My classroom!!!



The boys putting away the hand washed dishes...teamwork!




Monument to the Heroes of Restoration is close to our home. It sits on a hill overlooking Santiago and has wonderful views of the city. It was built by the dictator Trujillo but has since been renamed and his statue on top removed. The statue that is now n top is affectionately named "Touchdown Jesus" by one of our friends!



The following five pictures are taken from our roof.
As you will notice we are in a valley named Cibao and surrounded by the mountain ranges of the Cordillera Septentrional and the rugged Cordillera Central.










I shot this this morning in our shower.
I was thinking it beautiful to be surrounded by palm trees.



This sticker, which says "God Bless This House" was left by prior owners. I noticed it the first night we were here when the boys were stressing about things. Reassurance....






First day of school at Santiago Christian.




Bean's lost his first tooth!!! The tooth fairy left dollars AND pesos!



Our new truck...still trying to sell the old one!!!




Staff beach trip to Sosua...fun day! I kept saying "Pinch me. I LIVE here?!?!?"
Some new SCS friends enjoying lunch on the beach.

The view from our lunch table...aaahhh! So nice!

Limoncillo Drew bought on the beach and shared with all of us.
You squeeze the skin and suck on the fruit inside.
Much like the inside of a grape but with one big pit.

View down the beach in Sosua


Jake learning how to use a snorkel.


Isn't the water amazing?!?!?!?

Adam, happy to be on the beach again. And Noah loved snorkeling...little fish!

Jake, little poser! This is a security guard at our bank. ALL security guards carry shotguns.
A bit unnerving at first but actually reassuring now.
My new friend, Naomi, and I after we got our bank accounts. Woo hoo! Now we can get paid!

0 comments:

Post a Comment